Friday, March 16, 2012

My Baby Girls


I wrote this poem many years ago, when my daughters were little...I am so glad to still have these words of mine to read and bring me back to what seemed like yesterday! Yesterday when there was a such thing in my world as nap time, mommy and me playgroups, diaper bags, breastfeeding, and nightly wakings ;)...Now, it's nap time once in a while, reading chapter books, long walks, lengthy talks, giggles and nail-painting, movie nights with mommy and daddy and drawing until bedtime...While I do appreciate the fact that although my daughters are older now and a little more independent than say 5 years ago, I have noticed the subtle but inevitable changes...I don't have a baby and a toddler anymore, I have an 8 and almost 11 year old! I have to pinch myself sometime because it is just so perplexing how fast time flies...I have such a better understanding now of why my mother wanted to hold on to me just a little longer...because she knew that one day I would spread my wings, still crumpled yet ready to unfold and soar through the sky!

I dedicate this to my daughters...
My
Baby Girls are my world...
beautiful smiles and wispy curls...thinkin' about my baby girls.
Hoping and trying my hardest to be the best mother to them for Eternity.
Listening, laughing and calming their fears, can't forget wiping away tears. I'm
Giving the Creator thanks for bestowing upon me, my girls Kaiyah and Leilani...

4 comments:

  1. You are blessed with beautiful children! Cant wait to see what the future holds for me when it comes to children. I lost two babies so far. =[ I sometimes doubt i can have anymore. But faces like this give me hope and faith that i will have a sweet baby to take care of one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give thanx Sis, I appreciate your beautiful words...I'm so glad you checked my blog out!!! It means so much when folks take the time to read my thoughts ;)...I know you understand...I also saw what you said about your losses...My heart reaches out to yours because I too suffered the loss of two babies...(I knew there was a reason you and I connected)...Continue to have that hope and faith, Sis...if being a mother is what you desire then I believe that it will manifest for you when you least expect it...Love and Light,
      Lisa

      Delete
    2. Thank you and i apologies for replying so late! They need to notify us when we get comments or something! lol You are welcome also. I love reading and listening to other peoples thoughts. Keeps my mind open to a wide variety of things! Thank you for your encouraging words! I believe my day will come to be a mother. I strongly agree with you when u said everything happens for a reason. The father was not father material and i was too young. It feels good to connect with other women who shine in my life and who can relate to me on levels many who know me and not know me cant! We did connect for a reason! God makes no mistakes =] Thank you sis.

      Delete
  2. Lol, I agree, I think there is a way you can be notified by email if you get comments, I think it's on the settings page maybe... Please though, no apologies needed! Thank you so much again for stopping by, and I love reading your thoughts also ;)...I'm so glad to have connected with you...you really seem like such a strong, beautiful person (inside and out)...So glad that we are able to share each other's writings and thoughts, it really encourages me to write even more now...And yes, God makes no mistakes ;)...Have a blissful day, Empress!

    ReplyDelete