Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ode to the moon

"I can see the full moon tonight, shining with so much intensity...forcing me to search inside my soul for answers to my innermost questions...it's energy awakens me and my very being...leading me to what I'm needing to guide me through this pivotal time when I'm so connected to the moon's fullness"...
The words in this poem are a tribute to the power of the full moon and how it impresses upon us as women. Our cycles are in sync with the moon and it's waxing and waning periods. Magnified; the moon even resembles an egg, just like the single egg we release every month during ovulation. I take time just to gaze out my window at the moon, especially when it is full, I can't help but to be mesmerized by it. How perfectly round and full the moon is, and I take time to reflect on the previous month and what guidance I may receive for the coming month.
The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon. ~ Jean Ingelow

No comments:

Post a Comment