Thursday, May 8, 2014

Being me, fully...

I am right in the middle of some deep changes going on in my life...the growth I have been experiencing is like a refreshing breeze on a sweltering day; energizing. Things that used to upset me easily don't hold any power over me, words I used to be afraid to express feel exceptionally good leaving my lips and I am enjoying an awareness about life that I had only dreamed of before. I have been learning so much about perspective, the power of my thoughts and how I choose to relay them. Maybe I am a bit more misunderstood by others these days, but that could be a good thing. Shedding my old skin is enabling me to grow from the restrictions I held onto; I finally feel like I can breathe a little easier as I journey on this new path of self discovery. There is still much work to be done, but I am ready for what lies ahead. I am open to getting to know what lies deep in my heart and soul. I can't fathom the need to control another or be controlled into what another person thinks I should be. I have played that role for many years, crying silent tears, wishing to be fully embraced for who I am but feeling too afraid to go there. Moments of clarity, intuitive insights, and time contemplating my journey has given me the boost that I needed to brave the winds of change. I made excuses, I gave myself more time but I couldn't be truly me when I wasn't in line with my destiny. I long to share my journey, my stories and my words with the world. It is not easy to accept such a task but knowing deep inside what I am being called to do, gives me the drive to push on through.


No comments:

Post a Comment